Hi Justin,

Thanks for spotting this and reaching out.

Looking at the license/notice generation, I think there are two things that went wrong for 1.0 release:

1. The maven license plugin [1] picked the wrong license for dependencies when there were multiple to choose from (i.e. LGPL vs Apache 2.0 in [2]).

2. We're trying to include far too much stuff in NOTICE. Quoting the really useful link you shared [3]:

        "Do not add anything to NOTICE which is not legally required."

---

We should review point 1 above to confirm there really are no licenses that are forbidden in apache projects. And we should review point 2 to change the way we generate NOTICE files so it doesn't include everything.

Aled

[1] https://github.com/ahgittin/license-audit-maven-plugin

[2] https://github.com/java-native-access/jna/blob/master/pom-jna.xml

[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html