First of all, apologies for cross-posting. If you reply, please remove
dev@flink and reply to dev@calcite only.

Calcite contributors,

Fabian Hueske has sent an email to dev@flink [1] on their plans to add
SQL and streaming SQL support to Flink using Calcite, and also
included a design document [2].

We should be proud that they are putting their faith in us. I know
that Calcite a sound platform for them to build on, but I also know
that we will have to help them out, answering questions, adding
features, and fixing bugs. So, please help them any way you can. The
fact that we integrate with lots of projects (Drill, Hive, Phoenix,
Kylin, Samza, Storm and now Flink) makes us a stronger platform for
everyone.

Do any of you want to get more involved in that effort? It would be
great if one or two Calcite contributors were monitoring the Flink dev
list, and were able to step in and help out. (I'm already maxed out
with integrations: I subscribe to the Drill, Kylin and Samza dev
lists, and have a daily stand up with Hive devs at Hortonworks.)

Fabian and other Flink contributors,

In future, feel free to CC: the Calcite dev list when you send emails
about Calcite integration to the Flink list. I wouldn't consider it
cross-posting. If there are interesting issues raised, folks on the
Calcite side will subscribe to the Flink list (or watch the applicable
Flink JIRA case). We want to help you out any way we can.

Julian

[1]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flink-dev/201601.mbox/%3CCAAdrtT04o6tU%2BDHM4632v_8p7QxT7ErFWicpuzFUtfaDMOK9FQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

[2]