Ugh, CALCITE-1052 just came in which sounds scary (although, it might just be hitting the lack of thread-safety as recently discussed -- if I could directly interpret the discussion as also filtering up to Avatica). I need to investigate either way.

Josh Elser wrote:
I'd like to try to get CALCITE-1040, CALCITE-1044 and (hopefully)
CALCITE-1050 done.

I plan to work on them today, but I don't think we need to hold things
up for any of them if everyone else is ready to go.

Julian Hyde wrote:
I volunteer to be release manager for this release.

I’ve made some progress over the weekend. 816 and 794 — the two big
ones — are ready to submit. So we should be good to go for an RC
tomorrow.

I’ve even put together a first draft of the release notes:
https://github.com/julianhyde/calcite/blob/scratch/site/_docs/history.md

That said, there’s still time to get some last changes in. In fact I’d
welcome it. It’s good to tidy up that long list of half-finished
tasks. Let us know if you’re working on something.

I’ve heard Jesus and Jason say they want to try to get items in.
Anyone else?

Julian

On Jan 8, 2016, at 5:10 PM, Jason Altekruse<altekruseja...@gmail.com>