Just wanted to throw this out there in case it is helpful and prompts any
ideas/improvements:

I was attempting to integrate Apache Calcite into Apache Solr proper and
along the way created this repo for testing:

https://github.com/risdenk/solr-calcite-example

It was originally meant for my testing of push down rules and tightly
integrating into Solr 6 parallel sql. The end goal was to integrate into
Apache Solr SQL handler. The relevant Solr JIRA is

I haven't had a chance to get back to it in the past few months though. In
about a month, I am presenting on Solr JDBC at the Lucene/Solr Revolution
in Boston. I'm hoping to have time to cleanup the integration with Calcite
for a demo, but we will see based on time.

Kevin Risden