I created CALCITE-1761 for this issue. If you wanna take a look at the exception, this is my branch:

https://github.com/twalthr/flink/tree/FLINK-5884
The following test fails right now: org.apache.flink.table.api.scala.stream.sql.WindowAggregateTest#testTumbleFunction

Once we have a fix for that we can copy the class to Flink until the next Calcite release. We did that with other issues in the past, too.