Is anyone out there using Avatica with servers (that don't share connection
state) behind load balancers? Is that a workable configuration? I'm
guessing it might be if sticky sessions are enabled on the load balancer.
What does the client do when the session switches to a new backend server?

I found a blog post that talks about some of these issues in the context of
Phoenix:
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/9377/deploying-the-phoenix-query-server-in-production-e.html

It seems to suggest that the client will retry queries and skip to the most
recently read offset. Is that behavior on by default? This sounds like it
won't work for a database that is accepting new data -- the query results
aren't generally going to be exact matches from run to run just due to new
rows being added. In that case, I'm struggling to think of any better
approach than failing the query and expecting the user to retry if they
want to.

Gian