Hi,

We use RelBuilder to build logical relational algebra trees for our domain
specific language. It is possible that the user might construct a relational
algebra tree with several “where” clause. In this case, the RelBuilder will
build a relnode tree with multiple filters one followed by another back to
back. We noticed that the optimize time for such tree grows exponentially. For
example, with 1 where clause, normally it took a few ms. However, with 7 where
clauses, the optimize time will take almost 1 minute.

Before I dig into the planner, does anyone encounter similar performance issue
or have any suggestion as what to look into? Thanks,

-JD