Sqlline is problematic as it will have both elastic search versions on the classpath. I haven't thought about that before. In the meantime you could remove old versions of libraries from the "target/fullclasspath.txt" file to workaround the classpath problem.

@Julian Hyde: How should we deal with something like this? We'd need isolated "modules" instead of a flat class path for sqlline. Maybe we could build sqlline on JBoss Modules(https://github.com/jboss-modules/jboss-modules) to achieve that?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*
Am 27.09.2017 um 01:30 schrieb Kunwar Deep Singh Toor:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kunwar Deep Singh Toor <kt...@g.clemson.edu>
Date: Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:16 PM
Subject: ElasticSearch5 not working
To: dev-i...@calcite.apache.org

Hi,

  I have been trying to connect to the ElasticSearch  suing ES adapter
through sqlline. I was able to connect to ES 2.1.4 using the ES2 adapter
but when I try connecting to ES 5.1.1 using the ES5 adapter the following
error pops up, I checked the logs for ElasticSearch and it does not show  a
connection attempt being made.

The following is the error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.elasticsearch.transport.cl
ient.PreBuiltTransportClient.addPlugins(Ljava/util/Collectio
n;Ljava/util/Collection;)Ljava/util/Collection;
     at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.<
init>(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:130)
     at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.<
init>(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:116)
     at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.<
init>(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:106)
     at org.apache.calcite.adapter.elasticsearch5.Elasticsearch5Sche
ma.open(Elasticsearch5Schema.java:119)
     at org.apache.calcite.adapter.elasticsearch5.Elasticsearch5Sche
ma.<init>(Elasticsearch5Schema.java:74)
     at org.apache.calcite.adapter.elasticsearch5.Elasticsearch5Sche
maFactory.create(Elasticsearch5SchemaFactory.java:56)
     at org.apache.calcite.model.ModelHandler.visit(ModelHandler.java:269)
     at org.apache.calcite.model.JsonCustomSchema.accept(JsonCustomS
chema.java:45)
     at org.apache.calcite.model.ModelHandler.visit(ModelHandler.java:195)
     at org.apache.calcite.model.ModelHandler.<init>(ModelHandler.java:87)
     at org.apache.calcite.jdbc.Driver$1.onConnectionInit(Driver.java:104)
     at org.apache.calcite.avatica.UnregisteredDriver.connect(Unregi
steredDriver.java:139)
     at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.connect(DatabaseConnection.java:156)
     at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:204)
     at sqlline.Commands.connect(Commands.java:1095)
     at sqlline.Commands.connect(Commands.java:1001)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce
ssorImpl.java:62)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe
thodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at sqlline.ReflectiveCommandHandler.execute(ReflectiveCommandHa
ndler.java:38)
     at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:791)
     at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:668)
     at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:373)
     at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:265)

I have recently started working on calcite and any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Kunwar Singh