Julian,

I am certainly interested in participating in the discussion, and in the
initiative -- time permits.
In my environment, streaming data from large environmental sensor networks
is a common challenge.

Riccardo Tomassini and I just this week discussed the research interests
and work in streams reasoning.

In terms of standards and influencing those - I am participating in some
data standards committees, so this participation might be a way for us
(Calcite and related) to have a voice in terms of contributions or
influences of the streaming standards.

You are right that it is mostly big vendors, but I think there is a room
for us to have a say.

Thank you for the initiative,
Edmon