I have made you a contributor; can you try doing "More > Link” again?


> On Feb 16, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Alessandro Solimando 
> <alessandro.solima...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> I have just checked and the issue is still there, so here is the ticket:
> CALCITE-2184 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2184>
> 
> It is linked to CALCITE-2183
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2183>, I have tried to link
> it "the nice" way but I have failed, maybe I am missing the rights.
> 
> It is anyway linked in the body of the ticket and a comment.
> 
> On 15 February 2018 at 19:31, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
> 
>> If this still occurs in the latest master then yes, definitely log a JIRA
>> case.
>> 
>> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Alessandro Solimando
>> <alessandro.solima...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> while executing this query Calcite tries to cast the subquery
>> (RexSubQuery)
>>> to a local reference (RexLocalRef), resulting in a ClassCastException.
>>> 
>>> Here is the query:
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> *select **
>>>> *from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b'), (3, 'b'), (4, 'c'), (2, 'c')) as t(x,
>> y)*
>>>> *where exists (*
>>>> *  select **
>>>> *  from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b')) as v(w, z)*
>>>> *  where w < x**)*
>>> 
>>> 
>>> But the same happens with other (similar) queries:
>>> 
>>>> *select x*
>>> 
>>> *from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b')) as t(x, y)*
>>> 
>>> *where x <= all (*
>>> 
>>> *  select x*
>>> 
>>> *  from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b'), (1, 'b'), (2, 'c'), (2, 'c')) as t(x,
>>>> y)*
>>> 
>>> *)*
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Can you confirm the issue?
>>> If so I will open a ticket, so I can mark as ignored the related tests
>> with
>>> a reference to such ticket (until the problem gets fixed).
>>> 
>>> If needed, they can inspected here:
>>> https://github.com/asolimando/calcite/tree/SPARK-TESTS
>>> 
>>> The tests reproducing the issue are:
>>> -) testFilterExists
>>> -) testFilterNotExists
>>> -) testSubqueryAny
>>> -) testSubqueryAll
>>> 
>>> Below the full stack trace (for the first query mentioned above):
>>> 
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: With materializationsEnabled=false, limit=0
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert.assertQuery(
>> CalciteAssert.java:600)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert$AssertQuery.
>> returns(CalciteAssert.java:1346)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert$AssertQuery.
>> returns(CalciteAssert.java:1329)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert$AssertQuery.returnsUnordered(
>> CalciteAssert.java:1357)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.SparkAdapterTest.commonTester(
>> SparkAdapterTest.java:93)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.SparkAdapterTest.testFilterExists(
>> SparkAdapterTest.java:720)
>>>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(
>> FrameworkMethod.java:50)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(
>> ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(
>> FrameworkMethod.java:47)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.
>> evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(
>> BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(
>> BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
>>>> at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137)
>>>> at
>>>> com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(
>> JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:68)
>>>> at
>>>> com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater.
>> startRunnerWithArgs(IdeaTestRunner.java:47)
>>>> at
>>>> com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(
>> JUnitStarter.java:242)
>>>> at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(
>> JUnitStarter.java:70)
>>>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error while executing SQL "select *
>>>> from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b'), (3, 'b'), (4, 'c'), (2, 'c')) as t(x,
>> y)
>>>> where exists (
>>>>  select *
>>>>  from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b')) as v(w, z)
>>>>  where w < x
>>>> )": org.apache.calcite.rex.RexSubQuery cannot be cast to
>>>> org.apache.calcite.rex.RexLocalRef
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.avatica.Helper.createException(Helper.java:56)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.avatica.Helper.createException(Helper.java:41)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaStatement.executeInternal(
>> AvaticaStatement.java:156)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaStatement.executeQuery(
>> AvaticaStatement.java:218)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert.assertQuery(
>> CalciteAssert.java:568)
>>>> ... 27 more
>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException:
>>>> org.apache.calcite.rex.RexSubQuery cannot be cast to
>>>> org.apache.calcite.rex.RexLocalRef
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.rex.RexProgramBuilder.registerInput(
>> RexProgramBuilder.java:298)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.rex.RexProgramBuilder.addCondition(
>> RexProgramBuilder.java:272)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.adapter.enumerable.EnumerableFilterToCalcRule.
>> onMatch(EnumerableFilterToCalcRule.java:50)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.plan.AbstractRelOptPlanner.fireRule(
>> AbstractRelOptPlanner.java:317)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.plan.hep.HepPlanner.applyRule(
>> HepPlanner.java:555)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.plan.hep.HepPlanner.applyRules(
>> HepPlanner.java:415)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.plan.hep.HepPlanner.executeInstruction(
>> HepPlanner.java:252)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.plan.hep.HepInstruction$RuleInstance.
>> execute(HepInstruction.java:127)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.plan.hep.HepPlanner.executeProgram(
>> HepPlanner.java:211)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.plan.hep.HepPlanner.findBestExp(
>> HepPlanner.java:198)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.tools.Programs$2.run(Programs.java:213)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.tools.Programs$SequenceProgram.run(
>> Programs.java:387)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.prepare.Prepare.optimize(Prepare.java:188)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.prepare.Prepare.prepareSql(Prepare.java:319)
>>>> at org.apache.calcite.prepare.Prepare.prepareSql(Prepare.java:230)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.prepare.CalcitePrepareImpl.prepare2_(
>> CalcitePrepareImpl.java:781)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.prepare.CalcitePrepareImpl.prepare_(
>> CalcitePrepareImpl.java:640)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.prepare.CalcitePrepareImpl.prepareSql(
>> CalcitePrepareImpl.java:610)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteConnectionImpl.parseQuery(
>> CalciteConnectionImpl.java:221)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteMetaImpl.prepareAndExecute(
>> CalciteMetaImpl.java:603)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaConnection.prepareAndExecuteInternal(
>> AvaticaConnection.java:638)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaStatement.executeInternal(
>> AvaticaStatement.java:149)
>>>> ... 29 more
>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: exception while executing [select *
>>>> from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b'), (3, 'b'), (4, 'c'), (2, 'c')) as t(x,
>> y)
>>>> where exists (
>>>>  select *
>>>>  from (values (1, 'a'), (2, 'b')) as v(w, z)
>>>>  where w < x
>>>> )]
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert$AssertQuery.
>> returns(CalciteAssert.java:1351)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert$AssertQuery.
>> returns(CalciteAssert.java:1329)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert$AssertQuery.returnsUnordered(
>> CalciteAssert.java:1357)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.SparkAdapterTest.commonTester(
>> SparkAdapterTest.java:93)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.calcite.test.SparkAdapterTest.testFilterExists(
>> SparkAdapterTest.java:720)
>>>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(
>> FrameworkMethod.java:50)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(
>> ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(
>> FrameworkMethod.java:47)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.
>> evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(
>> BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(
>> BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
>>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
>>>> at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137)
>>>> at
>>>> com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(
>> JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:68)
>>>> at
>>>> com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater.
>> startRunnerWithArgs(IdeaTestRunner.java:47)
>>>> at
>>>> com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(
>> JUnitStarter.java:242)
>>>> at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(
>> JUnitStarter.java:70)
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Best regards,
>>> Alessandro
>> 

Reply via email to