Il mer 11 apr 2018, 22:34 AnilKumar B <akumarb2...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to calcite. Need your help/inputs on usage of calcite to solve one
> of our use case.
>
> We need to build a library to get the lineage graph of given query. Here
> given query can be either Hive/ANSI SQL/Vertica queries etc.
>
> We can build this library by using their respective physical plans. But,
> there are few issues as  mentioned below
> 1. We need develop the library specific to each source
> 2. In most of the sources, there is a limitation on explain query for
> *create
> table* queries.
> 3. To get the explain plan, we need to have all the tables (which we are
> used in query) should be in the in their respective meta stores. So, it
> might cause the issues with tmp tables from previous queries.
>
> So, to avoid above issues, we are trying to develop a generic library which
> can work for any source. For that, we are trying to use calcite parser's
> SQLNode to derive the lineage for given query.
>
> We started with ANSI SQL queries and as of now, it's going good. But any
> inputs from community
>  on below will be great help for us.
> 1. Does calcite is correct fit for our use case?
> 2. How to parse the JDBC queries and get the lineage?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but you are looking for something that
given an SQL statement and metadata about existing tables it returns one
(or more) access plan ?
In this case Calcite is very a good choice. I will be happy to provide some
example if this is your case.

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli