I'm back from the SIGMOD conference in Houston, where Edmon and I
received an excellent audience for our talk. (See my tweet [1] with a
picture and slides attached.)

I did a straw poll of the audience at the start of the talk, and only
about 15% had heard of Calcite. "I wish I'd known about Calcite
when..." was a common refrain. Plenty of room for us to grow in the
academic community!

Thank you again to my co-authors Jesus, Michael and Daniel, and
especially Edmon, for making this paper[2] happen. It was long
overdue.

I shall be offline for the next ten days, camping in the mountains.
Committers, please help keep the community running smoothly by timely
reviewing pull requests and answering questions.

Julian

[1] https://twitter.com/julianhyde/status/1006614464647585792

[2] https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.10233