Good call. Adding a @NotThreadSafe annotation to the test class seems to
solve the problem. The setup and teardown of CassandraUnit is still shared
between all the tests and each test (after setup) runs rather quickly so I
don't think running the tests serially is a problem. I've never seen the
error you're seeing before. A full stack trace might help.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org