IMO, it depends on how extensive the changes are. Eventually we certainly
prefer the rebase and force push approach . However, if the PR is complex
and a lot of changes have been made, it can be helpful to temporarily add a
commitment (which will be squashed later) to help the reviewer see what has
changed.

I'll let others also chime in with their thoughts.