Hello,

I've attached a patch for Hive to run all the tests against the RC - and the
results seemed promising; but a null related query is failing with incorrect
results.
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/8e30b5e029570407d8a1db67d322a95db705750e/ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/in_typecheck_mixed.q#L12
The test seems to be broken by CALCITE-2604; but I feel that this issue was
hiding in the bushes - and might have just needed a more sophisticated query
prior to that patch.
I've reproduced the issue in Calcite and opened CALCITE-2726 to address it.

cheers,
Zoltan