Two things that we are doing that are working:
 * Use the “pull-request-available” tag for JIRA cases;
 * Beat down the number of open cases with the “pull-request-available” tag in
the lead up to the release.

Let’s continue doing these.

Shall we agree a target of number of open cases with “pull-request-available”
that we want to aim for before RC 1 of 1.19? And perhaps a date that we want to
achieve it by?

Right now there are 92[1]. I propose that we get to 40 by Wednesday.

I’m not against the PR template, or the Stale bot, but let’s have that
discussion after the release. Right now, there’s s**t to be shoveled, and I
thank those of you who have picked up a shovel. (Especially Kevin.)

Julian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CALCITE%20%26%20labels%20%3D%20pull-request-available%20%26%20statusCategory%20%3D%20%22To%20Do%22%20

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20=%20CALCITE%20&%20labels%20=%20pull-request-available%20&%20statusCategory%20=%20%22To%20Do%22>