For the calcite-test-dataset vm, the docs say you can halt/up the VM. It
turns out that Druid doesn't restart on up and MongoDB fails to start due
to /var/run/mongodb missing. /var/run is symlinked to /run and /run is
mounted as tmpfs so the folders are cleared on a restart.

I don't know if this is what is causing the failures you saw but it was
causing issues with the "timeout" issues I saw. I am rebuilding the VM and
checking the Druid / MongoDB integration tests individually.

Kevin Risden