Good catch, Stamatis! The bit about PRs on Github does seem silly.

Updated report as attached:

Apache Calcite is a highly customizable framework for parsing and planning queries on data in a wide variety of formats. It allows database-like access, and in particular a SQL interface and advanced query optimization, for data not residing in a traditional database.

Avatica is a sub-project within Calcite and provides a framework for building local and remote JDBC and ODBC database drivers. Avatica has an independent release schedule and its own repository.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
Development and mailing list activity is steady for both Calcite and its Avatica sub-project.

We have been seeing a lot of new contributors open pull requests and participating in our mailing lists to answer questions and partake in discussions. This is most likely due to Calcite being increasingly adopted as part of commercial offerings offered by cloud service providers as well as being used to build internal tools. The increased participation by new contributors is reflected in the 4 new committers we have added to the project in the last 3 months.

In the last report, we mentioned that there were some issues with pull requests not being reviewed in a timely manner. Over the last few months, we have observed new contributors and non-committers reviewing open pull requests in our repositories in conjunction with our existing committers. This is a great improvement and we hope this will put us on the path to stop PRs from getting too stale.

In terms of releases, Calcite 1.19.0 was released at the end of March and includes numerous bug-fixes as well as extensive improvements in JSON query support.

Finally, the Calcite website repository was moved to git. As a result of this move, all of our source repositories are now using GitBox.

## Health report:
Activity levels on mailing lists, git and JIRA are normal for both Calcite and Avatica.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 19 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Kevin Risden on Mon Jul 09 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 39 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Hongze Zhang was added as a committer on Tue Feb 19 2019
    - Haisheng Yuan was added as a committer on Tue Mar 26 2019
    - Zoltan Haindrich was added as a committer on Thu Jan 10 2019
    - Stamatis Zampetakis was added as a committer on Thu Jan 31 2019

## Releases:

 - 1.19.0 was released on Tue Mar 26 2019

## JIRA activity:

enabling new contributors to easily submit pull requests via Github -> I
don't see how is this related. Contributors could submit PRs through Github
even before.

Στις Τρί, 2 Απρ 2019 στις 12:35 π.μ., ο/η Francis Chuang <
francischu...@apache.org> έγραψε:

Attached below is a draft of this month's board report. Please let me
know if you have any additions or corrections.

[...]

participation by new contributors is reflected in the 3 new committers
we have added to the project in the last 3 months.

In the last report, we mentioned that there were some issues with pull
requests not being reviewed in a timely manner. Over the last few
months, we have observed new contributors and non-committers reviewing
open pull requests in our repositories in conjunction with our existing
committers. This is a great improvement and we hope this will put us on
the path to stop PRs from getting too stale.

In terms of releases, Calcite 1.19.0 was released at the end of March
and includes numerous bug-fixes as well as extensive improvements in
JSON query support.

Finally, the Calcite website repository was moved to git. As a result of
this move, all of our source repositories are now using GitBox, enabling