Thanks Danny.

To update spotless a bit: I played with the configuration of spotless on
import order to make it match with checkstyle. I found a few diff between
my customized spotless config and checkstyle (even though my config is
copied from checkstyle without minor modification).  One diff, for example,
is that spotless imports static first but checkstyle prefers static last,
which I haven't found a way to config.

-Rui