You're right that there are several types which are not supported by
the Cassandra adapter. We would happily accept pull requests to add
support for new types.

You're also correct that Cassandra cannot efficiently execute queries
which do not specify the partition key. Calcite will make those
queries more efficient, but it can make it easier to execute queries
that CQL does not directly support. Ultimately data is still stored
based on the partition key, so if your query does not specify a
partition key, Calcite will still need to issue an expensive
cross-partition query to Cassandra.
--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org