Hi community,

I have created a new PR ( https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/1587) to
demonstrate the progress of TUMBLE table value function (CALCITE-3272).
Julian suggested me to have a working version that adds a stream.iq and
have an enumerable implementation. Those are in the PR.

High level speaking, the PR is adding a support of the following:

SELECT *
FROM TABLE(Tumble(
  TABLE ORDERS ,
  'ROWTIME' ,
 INTERVAL '1' MINUTES))

One missing feature so far is adding support of DESCRIPTOR, which is
intentionally cut off from the PR because that will make the PR more
complicated. Thus DESCRIPTOR is left as future work.

The PR solves not only CALCITE-3272, but also it's blockers:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3340
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3501
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3499
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3418

I will probably need some guidance on how to proceed to get the PR merged.
Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

-Rui