Thanks for the PR!

HepPlanner does not perform cost-based decisions so for most use-cases I
don't think it matters a lot what is the cost. For more advanced use-cases,
where there might be rules that use CumulativeCost and other kinds of such
metadata, the HepPlanner can be configured with another cost factory.

I don't see a big reason to change the API of RelOptCost#getRows, the
callers who ask for cumulative cost should know what to expect. Apart from
that rejected rows and other metrics can be added if necessary.

Although it is nice to account for CPU and IO in the cost model, it has
been shown [1] that for main memory settings even a simple cost model based
entirely on cardinality estimations can work fine for many queries. For
those interested [1] has also an interesting discussion regarding Postgres
cost model.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] http://www.vldb.org/pvldb/vol9/p204-leis.pdf