Hello,

I asked this before but I guess the question got too big, so I thought splitting it up might be better.

I am trying to generate a query from a relational model on which I did a few tranformations but I don't know how to refer to a "variable".

In a SQL trigger, there usually are two variable "OLD" and "NEW" which I want to be able to refer to. I tried introducing a "transient scan", but unfortunately that won't work because this is not a relation and can't be quoted. I will workaround this for now by introducing a temporary relation in the trigger so that I can refer to it, but ideally I want to refer to the variable directly.

The simplest example SQL that I want to be able to produce would look like this:

select NEW."some_column"

The tricky part here is that NEW is not quoted. I don't know how I can represent this in a relation expression.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Christian