I’m a little worried about it the default RexExecutorImpl can handle all the
downstream projects expressions, and very probably not, there would be some
Janino compile exception if it can not translate the RexNodes correctly.

So strictly to say, change the RexExecutor to a default implementation may
break something. I think it’s better if we have a real case to illustrate that
the modification is meaningful.

In production, if an engine really wants to support constant reduction for
their all kinds of expression, they should set up the RexExecutor explicitly.
If they do not set up that, the constant reduction just not happens, it is
better than supplying a default RexExecutor but does not really work for all
expression.

So I’m +0 for this.

Best,
Danny Chan