Hey Shuo!

I think that simplification should been made on join conditions - I've done a
quick check; and it seems to be working for me.
I suspected that it will be either a missing call to RexSimplify for some reason - or it is added by a forced return type correction: IIRC there are some cases in which the RexNode type should retained after simplification.
Is this reproducible on current master; could you share a testcase?

cheers,
Zoltan