I have probably misunderstood the concern then, if you just want to link
different email addresses to the same GitHub account, then it's totally
fine and doable (no need to rewrite git history or anything).

I sensed that Mou Wu wanted to remove any reference to the work email
(possibly because the employer complained), which would be problematic at
this point.