Thanks for the feedback!

I would like to stretch the fact that at this point it is at the discretion
of the reviewer/committer to enforce or ignore the information provided by
Sonar.

Sonar, as other similar systems, has limitations thus there are always
going to be false positives. The rules/checks performed are fully
customisable so we can enable/disable them at will.

The two issues highlighted by Julian seem like true positives to me.
* The "New code" that was introduced recently is not covered sufficiently
by tests and that's a fact. Part of the problem seems to come from the
recent modifications in SqlOperatorTest [1]. The class is located under
src/main (and not under src/test) so it is considered as a production class
and coverage checks are applied. There are ways to exclude certain paths
from coverage but I would argue that the class shouldn't be there in the
first place; we should probably log a CALCITE ticket for moving out of
there.
* The instance of warning is something that we probably don't want/cannot
fix (for the reasons mentioned in the PR) but Sonar did well to bring this
up; it is problematic to do comparisons by relying on the class name.

I encourage others to share their thoughts/remarks as well so that we
improve as much as possible the developer experience.

Best,
Stamatis

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/be7135cf1fd3d87e4036b2dd6e58d2f1251f8959/testkit/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/test/SqlOperatorTest.java