The “file” adapter has some support for REST. Naturally the file adapter can
read files of various formats (.csv, .json, compressed .csv, etc.) from the
file system. But it can also read those same kinds of files over HTTP, and read
data sets in HTML tables [1].

The logical next step is to allow parameters to those HTTP requests, and a way
to convert filters, projects, sorts into parameters. There’s a jira case [2]
where we can capture requirements. Contributions welcome.

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-884
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4035