Extra documentation would be nice. But who is going to write (and maintain)
this extra documentation?

Even the current documentation takes a lot of work. When reviewing a PR to add
a function, I have to tell people to remove a ‘.’ at the end of the line to be
consistent with the existing doc. Without those efforts, the documentation
would be a shambles, and no one would trust it. We have over 500 functions.

Julian