Hey everyone,

I just wanted to jump in regarding CALCITE-6248 [1] and CALCITE-6282 (no corresponding PRs in the Calcite repo yet).

The corresponding PRs in the Avatica repo are:
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/238
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/241

As the issue will require changes to both Calcite and Avatica in a coordinated fashion, what do you guys think about releasing Avatica 1.25.0 first? I can be RM for the Avatica release.

Mihai, can you please confirm if this approach works for you?

Discussion for getting changes simultaneously into both Avatica and Calcite is here [2].

Francis

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/3708
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/5w3ry3zbm7671ffp4pxh7lx6cgc5r3tq