Hey Anurag,

The bucket error seems somewhat related to the Gradle caches [1, 2].
Try to disable the cache [3] to see if the error goes away.

The fact that the build gets stuck while running tests may require
further investigation and I guess it is strongly related to your
environment since others are not hitting this. Note that JDK8 has also
some known concurrency bugs that we have been hitting in the past [4].
If the problem is reproducible please create a JIRA ticket with all
necessary information that could help in reproducing the problem
including details about your environment, JDK, exact commands that you
are using to replicate the problem, and ideally stack traces from the
stucked JVM.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4140