On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The goal of the AsyncProcessor is to not block the calling thread when
> using an InOut exchange mostly.
> For example, if you invoke a web service which takes a long time to
> answer, you don't really want the thread to be blocked for a few
> seconds simply waiting for the answer: it just does not scale welll.
> Not sure if the UnitOfWork stuff is sufficient to cover the InOut stuff.
I do think we need a redesigned API for this that leverages the JDK
concurrency stuff much more, e.g. the Future.

And the current implementation is broken. And when you get the done
callback, how do you get the result?
There is nothing that resembles future.get() to get the response.

For instance see this unit tests that shows its broken.
And how are we supposed to get the response
And the API to leverage the async processing is not on par with the
other API where we have one liners for most of it.

Commit rev: 768269.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/seda/SedaAsyncProcessorTest.java?view=markup&pathrev=768269