Hi Charles,

It's good idea.

I think that, as you suggest, the first step is to embed Camel/ActiveMQ web
console.
The second step is to extend this console to provide a global tool (convering
Camel/ActiveMQ/OSGi and JBI).
I remember that we had a project in last Google Summer Of Code, but I don't know
the result.
At fimasys, I provide a console (for ServiceMix 3.3.x) using JMX and GWT/ExtJS.

I think it can be great to provide such console in SMX4 (second step).

Regards
JB

On Mon 01/03/10 12:24, "Charles Moulliard" cmoulli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest to add the activemq & camel web console to
> SMX4.x distribution.
>
> Why :
> - No all administrators use JMX to handle their platforms,
> - Strengthen the "professional" picture of the product,
> - Can provide in one screen, the list of camel routes with options to
> stop/start/
> - Idem for activemq
> - Can facilitate the management of the platform though Web screens
> (like web console of Felix)
>
> Remark : The camel web console needs to be adapted to allow the
> registration of camelContext deployed in the different bundles. This
> could be achieved in different ways depending if we favor the OSGI
> approach or not :
> - OSGI : Event Admin
> (http://www.dynamicjava.org/articles/osgi-compendium/event-admin
> -service)