From: Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:13:17
To: <dev@camel.apache.org>
Subject: Preparing for Camel 2.6 release

Hi

Apache Camel 2.6 starts to look really good. There is only a few tickets left.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12311211&fixfor=12315690

So if you have any of those tickets assigned, then please work on
getting the ticket resolved this week (sooner the better).

In this release we have added new components and as usual they often
depend on OSGi bundles to be released. Today we have 2 SNAPSHOT's
pending

The pom.xml file in camel/platforms/karaf/features lists the following
2 SNAPSHOTs:
<aws-java-sdk-bundle-version>1.1.1_1-SNAPSHOT</aws-java-sdk-bundle-version>
<spymemcached-bundle-version>2.5_1-SNAPSHOT</spymemcached-bundle-version>

They are needed for the camel-aws and camel-kestrel components.

Jean Bonofre from the SMX team have promised to release those bundles.
We should get in touch with him so he can start releasing them today.
The problem is that the Apache release process takes approx 3 days
(IMHO a bit overkill for a SMX bundle wrap release).

The CI test of Camel at Apache seems also very good.
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest/

Usually it can fail with a, but the component works fine
- Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

So we should keep an eye on CI builds and make sure to focus on any
last minute bug fixes, and fix/improve unit test if needed.

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus