Agree Hadrian,

I think it's more "logical" to have:
- Camel 2.7 supports only Karaf 2.2.x
- ServiceMix 4.4.0 (powered by Karaf 2.2.x) will ship Camel 2.7
- if users want to stay with Karaf 2.1.x, they have to use Camel 2.6

It sounds like a good plan for me :)

Regards
JB

On 03/14/2011 03:55 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
If that's the case, this looks to me like not very useful. I am not against it,
but it seems like a nice to have unnecessary effort. Users can use 2.6.0 with
karaf 2.1.x. Since in 2.7.0 we break compatibility with so many technologies,
like Java 1.5. and Spring 2.5.x, to me Karaf 2.1.x is just a drop in the
bucket. That's of course based on the assumption that very few will use the
deprecated 2.1.x in production. It takes weeks to months to roll a new version
(of Camel or anything else) in production.

My $0.02,
Hadrian