+1

Camel is not linked only to Spring.

Regards
JB

On 08/13/2011 01:14 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
Hi

I noticed the README.txt file in the distribution kit starts as follows:
Apache Camel is a powerful Spring based Integration Framework.

And our website starts as follows:
Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on
known Enterprise Integration Patterns with powerful Bean Integration.

I think we should align the product descriptions on the web site and
the README.txt file.
There may be other places the product description is present, and
could use a bit upgrade.

For example I think the README.txt file is a bit outdated as it gives
the impression that Camel requires Spring and is Spring based.
As we all know Camel is more than that and we try to be neutral and
let people use and run Camel in any kind of environment.
Whether its Spring, OSGi, Karaf, ServiceMix, WebSphere, Cloud, Scala,
Standalone etc.

So anyone got suggestions/feedback to have the product description
updated a bit to reflect where we are today with Apache Camel?

For example we may want to mention Apache Karaf on the front page as a
product that Camel runs with out of the box. etc.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org