Hi

Hope everybody had good summer vacation. I had my vacation in parts
and have next week as PTO.

We should get started to close down on the upcoming Camel 2.18 release.

There is some outstanding work (in no particular order)

1)
Finish the spring boot stuff with the starter components.
Nicola comes back from PTO and will work on this.

2)
rest-dsl to support calling REST services. I am working on this and
have some outstanding work still around binding and other
improvements.

3)
Tidy up the log4j v2 upgrade. Some of the examples do not start with
the jetty plugin.

4)
Migrate the last wiki pages to adoc files. There is not so many pages
left and you can find a report when running camel-catalog build that
output what is missing.

This will help us with a base-line for maintaining the documentation
going forward in the source code adoc files instead of wiki, and we
can then generate a new website and documentation for the following
release (2.19 or 3.0) etc. But this is a discussion we should IMHO
take post 2.18.

5)
camel-test-karaf module. This module is in the works but could use
some review and finishing so its easier to use for end users.

Notice the existing camel-test-blueprint is still favored for doing
unit tests which you can run fast and easily debug. The new
camel-test-karaf is for running integration tests in a running karaf
instance.

6)
We should look at the JIRA tickets that are assigned to 2.18.0 and try
to fix / implement them, or move them to 2.18.1 or 2.19.0 for next
releases.

7)
Keep an eye on the CI server to make sure the tests are green.
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Camel/

If all goes well then hopefully in 2-3 weeks we are ready to cut the 2.18.0 RC.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus