On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:49 AM Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> I'll have a look at the docs + website today and see how far do I go.
>
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 2:15 PM Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > a) Add docs to camel-spring-boot with the docs website, ala spring
> > quarkus. Zoran can you help with this?
>
> Yup, it's on my todo for today as well as the camel-kafka-connector docs
>
> > b) Add Camel Spring Boot as a menu item to the Projects menu item on the
> > website
>
> Yup
>
> > c) Add a few docs page for Camel Spring Boot ala Camel Quarkus
>
> I can create placeholders for the docs, or are there any existing docs
> that I can reuse here?

Not really, the docs are primary in the camel-spring-boot component
https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/core/camel-spring-boot/src/main/docs/spring-boot.adoc

But lets start with a fresh and have a bit like camel-quarkus, where
we have a clean front page.
And then a link to "extensions" which are starters in spring lingo.
And then we can have a link to the page above for the "main spring boot' docs.
Then over time we can iterate and improve this doc. Hopefully
community users step up and help too.

> > d) List all the Camel Spring Boot Starters in a page, and have 2
> > links: one for auto configuration and another to point to the
> > component docs on the main website.
>
> I guess this can be based on the README.adoc[1]?

Yeah the tool works like in camel-quarkus. So if we have a page
docs/modules/ROOT/pages/list-of-camel-spring-boot-components.adoc

Then the tool will update that page too. So what we need to do is to
adjust the tool to add the links for auto configuration.
(its this maven plugin UpdateDocComponentsListMojo)

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus