I think this is definitely carelessness on my part and I welcome your
improvements on the doc side, don't get me wrong.

I was working on the first commit since a few weeks, and I think I missed
some changes during the merge phase.
I'll revert the change I made on the
docs/components/modules/ROOT/pages/index.adoc
<https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/be547c1d177aaec8c8520ac1970ef9b055b1deb7#diff-5ca7195ef719af6b4fd2451ccfc96fbe>

I suppose the second problem comes from the removal of the
modules/eips/nav.adoc
line, I'll have a closer look.

On the build speed, I've spent a lot of time those past months to get the
build down to something usable.  Using mvnd (http://github.com/apache/mvnd)
on a fast rebuild (i.e. no tests, no assembly, already build with no
changes), the build time goes down to 51s on my laptop, so 20s more looks
very long to me for something that can be done in 300ms.  That amounts to
30% just for xref checks, which just looks way too high.  That's why I went
ahead some time ago and rewrote the xref checks.   When you worked on the
docs, you certainly saw that i could not support the new layout, so you
replaced it back with the original one.  I was just trying to get it back.
I think I fixed the checks themselves, but I'll have another look.

--
Guillaume Nodet