Hello,

Over the past months I've been trying to be more active on gitter on the
various camel projects and  overall the user experience was quite terrible
for me (in particular when using the mobile client), as example:

- threads are not shown properly on the iOS client thus messages are
messing up
- messages are extremely slow to load and sometime the message you sent
take quite long to be visible even on your end so you don't actually know
what it is happening
- messages keep being marked as unread even if you did read them
- sometimes you need to close/reopen the thread sidebar to see new messages
for a given thread

I don't know if it is only me but because of my frustration with the tool
I'd like to know if anyone is interested in evaluating some alternatives
(please note that we DON'T necessarily need to switch to something
different).

I'd personally would like to suggest to try out Zulip (
https://zulipchat.com/) as it allow us to have an independent organization (
camel.zulipchat.com) and to login with github/gitter/google so you can
easily join without having to fill gazillion of details but I know it's
streams and topic way of organizing conversations may not be optimal for
everyone.

If anyone has suggestions, let discuss here.

---
Luca Burgazzoli