Hi

Just a heads up that in Camel 3.7 we have separated this. I wrote a
blog post with some of the benefits this bring to the table
http://www.davsclaus.com/2020/11/apache-camel-37-more-camel-core.html

There is one last remainder which is error handlers that are stored on
the DefaultRoute and the Multicast / Splitter EIP uses this to create
error handling for the messages that it "sends out".

It would be good to get that separated as well, which then would mean
we have a way to totally separate the "build time / design time" of
Camel routes vs runtime processors. And as such then all the classes
from camel-core-model and camel-core-reifier would not be needed
thereafter.

The consequence is that the CamelContext then becomes "static" in
terms of adding new routes, which no longer would be possible as the
model/reifiers are gone. However this fits the trend with
microservices / serverless / functions etc so its a great step for
Camel to make itself great for this.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus