Hi Zoran,

Just in case, Properties component already provide the feature of
specifying a default value with {{speedUp:other}} syntax:
https://camel.apache.org/components/3.7.x/properties-component.html#_syntax

So what Claus proposes here is a feature that optionally can assign some
value but otherwise leaves it unassigned at all.
I see Claus' point that the syntax {{optional:speedUp}} is really confusing
as the properties component would then see it as the placeholder "optional"
with default value "speedUp".

Personally, I second Babak's syntax of {{speedUp?}} as it aligns with JS
syntax and REST producer optional parameters Zoran introduced.

Best regards,
Tadayoshi

--
Tadayoshi Sato