Hi

I am currently working on an outstanding "issue" we have with the way
endpoint URIs have been encoded and decoded by Camel. It goes back to
Camel 1.x and 2.x.

However here for Camel 3 we have improved the parser and optimized it
in various ways, that it allows the opportunity to get one last
annoyance resolved.

It mostly affects when using HTTP/REST based components where you may
have query parameters that are using spaces. Those spaces can/would be
decimal decoded into a plus sign, which then would be sent over in the
HTTP request.

You can avoid this if the query parameters were not part of endpoint
uri, but provided as message headers etc.

We have this reported on user forums and JIRAs over the time, and we
have been able to improve this gradually - however with the overhaul
of camel-core in Camel 3, we got to the point where this is worth the
effort.

The JIRA ticket that the commit will be linked to would be

This work will land in Camel 3.10 onwards.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus