Hi all,
If it's of interest, I *can* reproduce the SSL errors in the camel-ftp integration tests in my local environment.
After enabling javax.net.debug, the root cause is visible:

javax.net.ssl|ERROR|01|main|2021-06-22 19:05:23.068 CEST|TransportContext.java:341|Fatal (HANDSHAKE_FAILURE): Couldn't kickstart handshaking (
"throwable" : {
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate) at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.<init>(HandshakeContext.java:170)

My java version is:
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.11+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu2.20.04, mixed mode, sharing)

I found that most of the failing tests ran if I removed SSLv3 from the property jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms in the java.security file.

However the tests using SSLContextParameters with the socketProtocol set to SSLv3 still failed. This is because the SSLv3 is excluded by the default filter in BaseSSLContextParameters and the only other available protocol for the created sockets was TLSv1 which was also excluded in the default java.security configuration. By also removing that from the jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms property those tests pass as well.

It seems normal that these old protocols are disabled on Java 11 or later and that the IT tests fail. But if it works for Otavio & Claus, is it due to a leniant java.security configuration or some other difference in the system configuration?

Regards,
Karen Lease