Hi

I am working on (branch on git with the ticket number)

Its work in progress, but I got a prototype in a new example
https://github.com/apache/camel-examples/tree/main/examples/routes-configuration

In this example we have routes in java, xml and yaml in the myroutes
folder. For Java you can of course also have it in src/main/java.

But the point is to make this work for dynamic loaded routes (also
Java) and hence why its in the myroutes folder.

These routes causes exceptions, and then we have global configured
error handling in separate source code, in the myerror folder.

Those are also polyglot and you can define this in XML, YAML or Java etc.

There is more to work on but wanted to share the heads-up.
I will be on PTO 2 weeks from tomorrow afternoon. So will work on
finishing this later.

The potential is also to allow users to define their global error
handler, route configurations, and you can put that into separate JAR
and just add as dependency. And then you can refer to these route
configurations from your routes or to use the global configured etc.

Feedback is welcome, the work is "not set in stone".

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus