Hi,

we’re currently discussing potentially using Apache Camel for building a
product based on Apache PLC4X, Apache IoTDB to build a Historian solution for
industrial use-cases.
We’re planning on making this less a framework, but more a product, based on
open-source frameworks and as soon as we have something, to bring it back into
Apache as a new project.

Now I brought up the Idea of using Apache Camel as the communication layer
between all.

I am admittedly a bit hesitant to introduce Kafka into the game as we aim at
building something we can run as installable product, adding Kafka would
complicate this, so I’d be happy to use something like Camel for this usecase.

What are your thoughts on this? How do camel routes perform when we’re talking
hundreds of thousands to millions of events a minute?

And … anyone interested into joining this initiative? If yes, please ping me
off-list and I’ll add you.

Chris