Hi Bertil,

This is awesome. However, although Flink depends on Calcite, the
SpatialType does not seem to be supported by Flink (based on my test
last year). Not sure if this works for Drill. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

On a side note, why don't we implement all geometric computation
logics in Sedona and Calcite simply wraps around Sedona-common (of
course JTS too)? Sedona implements many more functions in addition to
JTS:
https://github.com/apache/sedona/tree/master/common/src/main/java/org/apache/sedona/common

This way, we don't reinvent the wheel. Moreover, Sedona is a
spatial-as-the-first-class-citizen project. We can receive way more
contributions and make a huge impact.

Thanks,
Jia