Hi

Please find our thoughts on the guidelines we can follow in the community
to ensure the quality of Carbondata and make the community more
collaborative. Let us discuss here.

1.    Let us discuss all the features in the community before starting
design. Let us attach the design document in the JIRA for future easy
reference

2.    Let us have design review meetings for all new features and wait till
at least 3 committers give +1 and approve the design.

3.    Let us do the impact analysis on base flows and share our analysis
along with the design review.

4.    Let us wait for at least 2 committers to review our code and put
LGTM.

5.    Let us discuss and assign release manager role to one of the
committers/PMCs for every version and empower the release manager to
actively track the PRs required for the release scope and also assign the
review owners for them so that PRs are merged timely.

6.    Let us have weekly meetings for all important features and let the
feature developers/owners share the progress and other
developments.

7.    Let us attach functional, compatibility and performance comparison
[TPCH] reports both in JIRA and PR for all feature requirements

8.    Let us develop features or optimizations not aligned with the release
scope in a separate branch.

9.    Let us add the mailing list link to the Jira to ensure easy tracking.
Suggest checking all the open Jira before proposing new features or
enhancements.

10. Let us add the JIRA link in the mailing list to ensure easy tracking.

--

Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra