Hi all,

  To improve the CarbonData system's usability and maintainability, I
suggest to add carbondata-tools module.
  I think this module should provide some command tools as following.

  1. import
  import a data file/folder to any existing table

  2. export
  export the given columns to a file

  3. schema
  show the detail information of the specified table schema file

  4. metadata
  show tablestatus metadata
  show the history track for dataloading and compaction

  5. footer
  show blocklet metadata list
  show start/end key, min/max value, row number, total size  for the
specified blocklet

  6. blocklet
  show blocket list
  show blocket data, RLE map, Inverted index for the given columns

  show BTree node list
  show node information:start/end key, min/max value)

  8. dictionary
  show  key-value list of specified gloabl/local dictionary file
  show sort index
  show dictionary metadata

Thank you and look forward to having your opinion on this carbon-tools
module.

David Cai