Hi,all
   as we know, carbon have below DELETE  syntax,

   DELETE SEGMENT id FROM TABLE
   DELETE SEGMENTS FROM TABLE WHERE STARTTIME BEFORE date

   while in hive, there is similar syntax as below,

    DELETE FILE | JAR | ARCHIVE <filepath>

   then, when we run DELETE SEGMENT  in spark-sql that integrating hive parser
and carbon parser, it may give below
  error message cause the parse in hive

  ERROR DeleteResourceProcessor: Usage: delete [FILE|JAR|ARCHIVE]  <value>
[<value>]*

  which does not impact the usage of carbon, but looks not good.
  So after a small discussion, we think that it may be better to make change on
our syntax and change to

 DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE SEGMENT EQUAL id
 DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE SEGMENTS STARTTIME BEFORE date

  i have raised JIRA[CARBONDATA-269] and  PR#192 for this issue, please give
your suggestion about this change.

Thanks
Jay